Canvas Travel Rucksack: Go on adventures with your tech!
The Reykjavik backpacker rucksack is the masterpiece of our collection and a great high-quality all-around bag due to its iconic design, its robustness and of course several practical features.
A few decades ago, mountaineers and mountain guides already adopted similarly designed bags, our canvas rucksack drawing its full character from these origins. The Reykjavik laptop backpack is lightweight and can be unfolded, to increase the storage volume.
It will be your powerful ally no matter what your purpose is. This vintage backpack has several external slip pockets, that can fit any accessories (power bank) or a water bottle, and internal ones (including a padded laptop sleeve which ensure a safe place to house your laptop).
Functional and convenient, it will seduce weekend getaways lovers, but also active members of everyday life, in search of a light and efficient equipment with easy access. Indeed our laptop backpack can be used as a hiking backpack, a school backpack or a casual backpack. Now, you have to choose!
THE BENEFITS OF REYKJAVIK:
- ✔ RESISTANCE: due to its design and manufacture, our bag is extremely robust. The tight spinning of the cotton fabric and the quality of the leather provide protection to this backpacker rucksack, making it water-resistant. The interior of this canvas rucksack has a polyester lining that will increase protection against damages for your items. Easy to clean, an additional wax treatment can make it completely waterproof.
- ✔ MODERN & RETRO: This is a timeless marvel because it combines the lines and materials of yesteryear with a more modern style to form a perfect mix that suits all tastes. Easy to wear, it will fit all your outfits!
- ✔ PRACTICAL & LIGHTWEIGHT: Our travel backpack weighs about 1 kg for a capacity of 20L - 25L when fully unfolded. This makes it the ideal way to travel light and avoids additional carrying load, ensuring optimal comfort. It has reinforced shoulder straps, zippered compartments, slip pockets and a dedicated laptop compartment - it can fit 15-inch laptops. This compartment is entirely padded, which will assure that your laptop is perfectly protected..
- ✔ AIRLINE COMPATIBLE: its dimensions allow it to accompany you in the cabin: a must for travellers in search for a convenient laptop backpack!
- ✔ PERFECT FOR SCHOOL: This canvas travel backpack is the perfect partner of students and digital nomads around the world. Canvas is light but sturdy and can hold lots of students gears. For a reasonable price, you can have a school backpack that combines a laptop backpack and a travel backpack.
- ✔ UNISEX: The design and colour options of this canvas rucksack make it a great unisex accessory. It works great with male gears but for women’s outfits as well. You can make it 100% weather resistant by applying a waterproofing spray on the wax
Do you have a passion for travel and adventure and enjoy retro and vintage items? Your Reykjavik is waiting for you! Click on the Add to Cart button above to claim yours. Don’t miss out our special offer, shipping is free!
Item Type: Rucksack Backpack
Main Material: Cotton Canvas and Crazy Horse Leather
Lining material: Polyester
Size: 42 cm x 30 cm x 11 cm (16,5' x 11,8' x 4,3')
Capacity: 20-25 litres
Inside: Padded computer sleeve, inner zippered pocket, mobile phone pocket, outside clasped pocket, outside open pocket
Handle/strap type: Soft handle
Type of closure: Zipper and hasp
Noteworthy element: wear-resistant, durable, vintage, leather suitcase, vintage suitcase, padded laptop backpack, travel rucksack
Perfect for: School and Workdays, Casual outings, Outdoor activities, Overnight trip, Weekends gateways
Note: Leather may have natural traces or marks, giving the product a unique style
I saw the introducing video of this bag on the website and the guy in the video had exactly the same items as I wanted to put in it, sooooo I had to choose this one :) Couldn't be more happy with the purchase: good design, firm quality. Travelled through different weather conditions and still looks brand new. Like the vintage nostalgic edge. Thumbs up for this one!
This Reykjavik bag is very stylish and useful. We took two Reykjaviks on a trip to Asia and we were really happy with our bags. The bags were practical and firm. I love all the pockets and the beautiful design.
It would definitely order again!
Ive been using my Reykjavik Back Pack for a month now and I'm extremely happy with this item. It's big enough to put a laptop in it but it's not a heavy bag.
I love the zipped pocket under the arm straps which will keep my phone and purse safe from pickpockets in busy areas. Also it means I don't have to open the whole bag just to find my phone.
The clips are tough and sturdy (sometimes they can pinch your fingers when you unhook them so be careful!)
I think it would be nice if Eiken could find a way of transporting without so much plastic wrapping- especially as the bag seems to have little plastic in it, if any. One of the clothes brands I buy from use very sturdy paper parcel bags so it's not impossible- although I'm not sure where the bags are shipped from which may make a difference.
Customer service and delivery are excellent in my experience.
I'd definitely buy from this company again.
I was looking for a long time for big utilitarian and nice bag pack with no zips (as eventually in my experience they break) and also side pockets. Eiken appeared in my instagram feed and I thought they were quite cool. However, I got into the rush of buying one for the good offer which eventually I realized they always have (1 day count down...).
Then, the bag arrived and I noticed it was made in China, fair enough for cheaper production costs, but again I thought by reading their story they were more locally sourced and sustainable, so a little disappointment on that.
Finally, the side pockets were too small for my reusable tea cup, my usual bottle of water and other items I like to have on side pockets of bags, so not really my ideal item.
To be honest, the bag itself it’s what it looks like in the video but it was not my fit so I ended giving it to my partner who loves it.
He is planning to add wax to the cotton fabric.
In summary, a good bag but not a great one that I would like to use. Definitely, I wouldn’t pay for the full price.
That’s my honest opinion. Of course, there might be others. Great customer service though. Thank you.
I really love the backpack! My husband and I both got one and we literally use them every single day. In case there is an unexpected shopping trip, we can just enlarge it. and it always looks very stylish! plus: so comfortable! what else could we ask for?